Basilica Food Tour
CHILDREN5 – 13 YEARS €38
CHILDRENUNDER 5 YEARS Free
Food & drinks included!
Join a friendly walk in the neighborhood of the Saint Stephen’s Basilica, and enjoy the food of the new, trendy eating places. Austro-Hungarian Monarchy-era buildings, lovely promenades and spacious, tree-lined parkways are charming backdrops to a busy main strip of restaurants and shops around the Basilica. Explore the Belvárosi Piac/Market Hall and landmarks like the Saint Stephen’s Basilica and Szabadság tér with our enthusiastic guides, while chowing down on great food and drinks. We will walk to four different food/drink tastings which are included in the ticket price.
On this tour:
- You will visit an iconic market hall of Budapest, where great Hungarian chefs are operating trendy street food venues, and try some cheese and street food.
- You will taste a glass of fantastic Hungarian wine, at a lovely, new wine bar, offering a large selections of Hungarian wines.
- You will taste and watch how the popular strudel is made by professionals.
- You will be introduced to the history of the Basilica’s neighborhood.
- You will have all alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, food, our suggestions on hot spots included in the price.
- You will interact with our local personal guide who is happy to share her/his passion for food.
Basilica Food Tour
- 3 hours walking tour passing by several great foodie spots
- All tastings are in covered places
- Monday to Friday at 3.15 PM
- Group of 2 – 8 people
- 55 EUR/person (38 EUR/person for children 5-13 years, free under 5 years)
On request, we are happy to adjust the time of the tour to your needs.
What our guests say
Lyne & Warren, Canada
Nora made us discover all kinds of traditions linked to food and drink in Hungary as well as new traditions. A wonderful experience.
Thank you for an informative, interesting and very enjoyable day spent eating & drinking our way around your city.
Jolene, South Africa
Thanks for the superb time and great quality of service!!!
Helen & Stewart, UK
If you don't do anything else while you are in Budapest - DO THIS - you will not be disappointed.
The four hours passed in a flash and at the end you want to always learn more. I highly recommend this tour !!!